2021 Rosé of Pinot Noir Magnum | MacRostie Winery

2021 Rosé of Pinot Noir Magnum

Sonoma Coast
mobile image
1.5L BOTTLE
MEMBER PRICE
Sold Out
Members: To access your 15-20% savings Log in
Not a member? Learn More

About this Wine

A beautifully elegant and dry Rosé, the only perception of sweetness is from this wine’s alluring layers of fresh-picked strawberry and juicy white peach. The lazy days and warm nights of summer have met their perfect pairing.

New 1.5L Magnum Release
Bottle of Rose with Tasting Note Elements
Tasting Notes
Tasting Notes
Arrow down
Winemaking
Winemaking
arrow down
Vineyard
Vineyard
Arrow down
Tech. Notes
Tech. Notes
Arrow down
additional notes
Tasting Notes

A beautifully elegant and dry Rosé, the only perception of sweetness is from this wine’s alluring layers of fresh-picked strawberry and tropical notes of mango. With the color and aromatics of pink watermelon, it is elegantly supple and refreshing. The lazy days and warm nights of summer have met their perfect pairing.

Winemaking

Rosé is a fun, yet challenging, wine to make. Achieving the right color is all about timing and vineyard choice. Color is the first lure of this wine, and it is crucial to have it just right. To give the wine fruit aromatics, a round mid-palate, fresh acidity, and a poignant finish, many vinification methods were used during winemaking. 36% of the fruit went directly to press, which produces a light and delicate pink color while bringing a bit more structure and mouthfeel to the wine. The other 64% was produced using the saignée method, which produces an aromatic, fruit-forward wine. A range of 2 to 48 hours of skin contact was used to vary the amount of color in each lot. Using both the direct-to-press and saignée styles provides mouthfeel and structure, along with a bright fruit bouquet. We also use stainless steel tank fermentation (about 86%) to preserve the fruit aromatics, and 14% neutral oak, which gives this wine a round palate, while preserving its bright fruit. The wine was aged for three months and then bottled crisp and fresh, on March 10th, 2021

Vineyard

Our Rosé of Pinot Noir was predominantly made from a select block of our acclaimed Thale’s Estate Vineyard in the Russian River Valley. This block provides a fruit profile that is ideal for rosé, with high acid and bright, aromatic red-berry flavors. We also worked with a small amount of Sonoma Coast Pinot Noir from each of our vineyard sites in order to create a complex and familiar Rosé profile. The 2021 vintage also includes our new estate vineyard, Nightwing in the Petaluma Gap, which provides intense color and fruit aromatics, making this vintage slightly darker in color.

Technical Notes
  • alcohol: 13.3%
  • cases made:

    276 Bottles Produced

  • bottling date: 03/10/2021
  • aging:

    The wine was aged for three months.

  • fermentation:

    36% of the fruit went directly to press, other 64% was produced using the saignée method. A range of 2 to 48 hours of skin contact was used to vary the amount of color in each lot. We also use stainless steel tank fermentation (about 86%) to preserve the fruit aromatics, and 14% neutral oak.

additional notes
Arrow
Arrow
membership
Save 15-20% on Wine.join us

Enjoy exclusive 15-20% member pricing, invitations to exclusive onsite and virtual events, plus complimentary tastings at our stunning MacRostie Estate House.

Become A Member Arrow
MacRostie Events